A collection of free Excel Add-ins and productivity tools. Download various spreadsheet and formula utilities and speed up your work!
Free Excel Add-ins and Productivity Tools
This page is dedicated to extending Excel application functionality.
DataFX Function Library
The add-in contains almost 200 high-performance user-defined functions. Create easy-to-read formulas and speed up your work! We are investing even more developer hours and energy in improving the add-in continuously. The add-in uses the Intellisense Excel-DNA framework that provides native tooltips for user-defined functions. If you want to look at the categories, you can use the function browser.
The current version of the add-in core functions, for example, DXLOOKUP, ensures XLOOKUP compatibility for all Microsoft Excel versions. Take a closer look at how useful the tool is. We update the library weekly and will implement even more functions in the next few months.
If you want to learn more about the integrated functions, don’t hesitate to look at the PDF files containing useful examples.
Learn more on how to install an Excel add-in!
DataXL Productivity Suite
The free Excel add-in dramatically increases your productivity. You can use various time-saving tools, like data cleansing tools.
Text processing and string manipulations in Excel are difficult, but we’ll help you simplify string-related functions using our add-in. In addition, we will help you to clean your raw data!
DataXL Add-in: Text Tools Functions
- Convert text to uppercase, apply Excel lowercase to your data, or convert your text values to proper / title case
- Delete the first or the last character from a selected string
- Remove Text by position
- Delete or extract characters starting at the nth position
- Remove spaces, non-printable characters, all line breaks, and initial apostrophes
- Insert text before the first, after the last character
- Insert text starting at the nth position and much more….
- Data Collector: Consolidate Multiple Worksheets into one Workbook
- Split Ranges: Split one data table into several different sheets based on the values of the specified column or other criteria.
- Compare Ranges: Compare two columns or ranges and the output or highlighting of coincidences/differences.
- Clean Ranges: Delete text, formats, notes, hyperlinks, conditional formatting, etc., in selected cells.
- Screenshot Manager: Screenshot the selected range and export it into various formats.
Perform various operations (adding, sorting, protecting, etc.) on sheets in the current workbook.
- Short Sheets
- Copy selected sheets n-times
- Protect or unprotect sheets
- Change the visibility of selected sheets
- Sync all sheets
- Add Table of Contents (TOC) sheets
- Save selected sheets as separate files
- Combine Multiple Workbooks
- Split Sheets to Files: Save sheets in separate files using a user-friendly interface.
- Workbook Cleaner: Clean the current workbook of unnecessary data, formats, images, macros, etc., making files smaller and faster.
- Delete empty and hidden sheets in the actual workbook
- Delete unused, empty rows and comments on all sheets
Formula Audit Tools
Good news! We’ve updated the free Excel add-in with a powerful formula audit tool!
Smart Precedents Checker: Opens a dialog box containing links to all precedent cells used to calculate the active cell. You can quickly navigate to each precedent cell, including those on other worksheets and in other workbooks. In addition, this tool will attempt to open any external workbooks containing precedent cells.
Smart Dependents Checker: Opens a dialog box that contains links to all dependent cells whose calculation relies upon the active cell. You can quickly navigate to each dependent cell, including those on other worksheets and in other workbooks. Furthermore, The tool can open any external workbooks containing dependent cells.
Org Chart Creator (Free Add-in)
Organizational Chart Builder creates great org charts using raw data. If you are in HR, it is a must-have plugin! Place your raw data and create a structure with a single click.
We love Excel data visualization tools and dashboards! We strongly recommend our chart add-in to build custom charts and graphs and improve your presentation.
The utility lets you create stunning charts and live widgets for Windows and Mac.